Steve Nolan has over 20 years experience in the field of lighting, as a technician, a director and a designer. His port folio covers virtually every kind of presentation from the lighting of performance art to the illumination of famous buildings and events, often incorporating the use of special effects. The following is a brief resumé of just some of the projects he has been responsible for:
Lighting Design for Live Shows (most recent work):
- The Hope Foundation Gala at the Royal Albert Hall - 2003.
- Umoja - South African dance stage show - 2003.
- Les Misérables In Concert - Cameron Macintosh's Scandinavian tour of Stadiums and Arenas - 2002.
- P&O Cruises - 4 shows on their new Ocean Village Cruise ship - 2003.
Lighting Design and Direction for Film and Video Productions (over the past 5 years):
- The Three Tenors - Bath Royal Crescent 2003.
- The Disney Kids Awards at the Royal Albert Hall 2003.
- Comic Relief Does Fame Academy - Live BBC 1 shows 2003.
- Simply Red Live at Shepherds Bush Empire promotional show 2003.
- India Arie & Youssou N'Dour concerts for BBC4 2003.
- Trevor Nelson's Lowdown Television Pilot for BBC 2003.
- Steve Coogan BBC3 Television Launch program 2003.
- Ricky Gervais Live Video 2003.
- Natalie Cole video shoot for PBS & The BBC 2002.
- The Brits Are Coming - For the Brit Awards 2001 & 2002.
- The Mobo Awards 2002.
- The Fast Show - Live in Cardiff 2002.
- Graham Norton Live At The Roundhouse in London.
- Ronan Keating - Live Video - Destination Tour 2002 Video.
- The Gruffalo - Theatrical Children's Story Video.
- Pink Video Shoot at La Scala, London.
- Showtime @ The Stadium - Cardiff Millennium Stadium.
- The Orange (BAFTA) British Academy Film Awards 2001.
- Russell Watson Live in Auckland - New Zealand 2002,
- The Miss World pageant in South Africa 2001.
- Janet Jackson's 'You' video.
- The live concert scenes in the Spice Girls film which was shot at The Royal Albert Hall. 2001-2002 video
- Two Rolling Stones shows filmed in Argentina in 2000 & 2001.
- The BBC 'Music of the Millennium' Television show - 1999 video.
- Boyzone Live in Dublin - 1999 video.
- Tina Turner at Madison Square Gardens - Live HBO Special 1998.
- Elton John & Billy Joel in Austria HBO Special 1998.
- Tina Turner Live in Amsterdam - 1998 video.
- Lighting Director for Montreux Jazz Festival for 5 years running.
- Consultant for European MTV and VH1 Music Television for 1994/95.
- Project Manager for the Central Show lighting system for the New Millennium Dome. This included the complete technical specification, tendering, installation and commissioning of the enormous lighting system.
- Video Lighting Director for Brazils 500th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Video Lighting Director for 'The Lord of the Dance' concert held in Hyde Park to an audience of 25,000 people.
- Television and Live Show Lighting Director for Moscow's 850th Anniversary Celebrations, a huge theatrical live television event depicting the history of Moscow. The show had huge props such as a giant bell, a fire breathing dragon, and the building, and knocking down, of a 40' high Kremlin wall with hundreds of actors, a Russian orchestra and Russian folk Dancers, set in front of St Basils Cathedral & the real Kremlin wall in Red Square.
- Lighting Director for the unveiling ceremony of The Flying Frenchman Statue by Ce'sar, for the Cartier foundation in Hong Kong Harbour.
- Head Electrician for Prince Abdulla Bin Hussein's wedding in Jordan, are a couple of the more unusual projects that he has been involved in.
Steve spent 10 years prior to the formation of Chromatic Productions as a touring Lighting Technician with acts such as:
- Frank Sinatra
- The Rolling Stones
- The Cure
- Steve Winwood
- Robert Palmer
- Elvis Costello
- The Freddie Mercury Tribute
- Live Aid at Wembley Stadium